We are seeking Executive administrative specialists to support the Office of the Secretary of Defense in providing a full range of administrative services. A successful candidate will be able to work in a high pace environment, deliver quality products and address multiple requirements. The candidate can apply their administrative skills to help solve complex issues and ensure the office workflow continues even during high demand activities. The candidate will direct activities in the office and manage schedule and training for the team. Duties:
- Provide Office Management services to leadership
- Direct activities of staff
- Provide training of current and emerging tools and methods
- Provide oversight of staff schedule
- Plan for continued operations
- Provide travel support using the DoD DTS system.
- Coordinate travel requirements to include local, CONUS and international destinations.
- Support the changes to travel and assist in any required pre-travel clearance and approvals in a timely manner.
- Deliver unclassified and classified taskers, messages, incoming mail, and pick-up any outgoing correspondence and transport it to the appropriate distribution points.
- Sort and deliver incoming and outgoing unclassified and classified mail to include special messages (cables).
- Support any office security requirements including document management.
- Manage resources to include equipment required in the office.
- Assist in developing special event requirements such as time and place, location, duration, number of attendees, security requirements, and travel arrangements.
- Arrange for appropriate conference rooms/facilities and prepare meeting places in accordance with acceptable protocol and security procedures such as seating arrangements and security verification.
- At least 4 years of direct administrative support experience at Headquarters or Executive level DoD office, two years of which supporting high level military or civilian officials
- At least two years of experience with the office of the Secretary of Defense, or equivalent office
- At least two years of Office management experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use DoD travel, correspondence, workflow and other administrative tools
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- DOD TS with ability to obtain SCI Clearance
- College degree highly desired
- An active DoD badge