Currently seeking a Big Data and Innovation Support lead for a 5 year Intel contract located in Reston, VA. An active TS/SCI and Full Scope Poly is required.
About the Position:
The Big Data and Innovation Support Lead is responsible for defining a Big Data implementation framework; translating mission needs into Big Data system, analytic, and visualization tools requirements; and working with multi-disciplinary teams to design, guide engineering solutions, and then explore, examine, and visualize data to extract knowledge and insights from large and complex collections of digital data; responsible for managing digital data that comes from many different data providers; consists of a variety of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data types; and has an enormous volume, varying velocity (periodic static documents to real-time data feeds), and is rapidly growing. Additionally, the Big Data and Innovation Support Lead is responsible for the design, development, test, deployment, and use of associated advanced analytic and data science tools including, but is not limited to, data visualization, link analysis, correlation, sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning, and statistical methods to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum of a TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph security clearance
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data analytics, software engineering, or related technical field
- A minimum of five years of hands-on experience with Big Data applications, such as Hadoop, and associated applications (e.g., administration, CM, monitoring, performance tuning, etc.)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Experience working in a Government mission Data Exploitation environment (e.g., acquiring data, storing data, processing data, analyzing data, visualizing data, turning data into intelligence products, disseminating data, and knowledge management).
- Experience supporting a cloud computing environment (e.g., private, hybrid, and/or public).
- Experience leading and managing cross-functional technology team.
- Experience leading major programming/scripting languages like Java, Linux, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python and/or R.
- Experience working with ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend, and/or Pentaho
- Experience designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed platforms.
- Experience in the research and development of applications/services in disciplines such as: Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Conceptual Modeling, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modeling, and Hypothesis testing.