NSS is searching for a full-stack Geospatial developer to support our clients team of software engineers, meteorologist, geospatial experts and data scientists to work on some exciting cross-domain web products. Have you ever wondered how various environmental conditions, such as weather, can affect commodity prices? Or how satellite imagery and weather analysis can support farm operations? Or how social media data can help us analyze world events? Your computer science knowledge can be applied across all these domains. Preferences will be given to candidates with GIS and Social Media knowledge. This position is located in our Gaithersburg, MD location.
· Play a key role in developing front end and back end components for geo-spatial analytics products that contribute to Radiant Solutions' customer missions.
· Work with open-source data--including commercial imagery, news feeds, social media, Internet of Things and weather
· Design and develop systems that are tuned to efficiently gather and format data, identify patterns and anomalies and create tailored products
· Design, prototype, and develop sound user experiences and solid backend architecture
· Research and translate user needs into requirements
· Work in a dynamic team-oriented environment using agile methodologies
· 2+ years of Python
· Experience developing software in a high level language such as Java or C#
· Experience with Linux. Must be comfortable with working on systems in Linux environment.
· Experience with AWS Elastic search
· Experience with continuous integration and GIT
· Excellent communication skills
· A drive for gaining new knowledge. These positions will require an employee to learn and be knowledge on a lot of different systems and tools
· Analytic/Big Data/Elastic Search(database) specialization
· Experience working in Agile/Scrum development team
· Must be a US citizen
- · GIS knowledge
- · Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- · Understanding of GIS, Social Media and web mapping technologies
- · AWS (EC2, S3, IAM, IAM Roles, DynamoDB, RDS (Postgres), ElasticSearch, Kinesis Streams, Kinesis Firehose, Lambda, Container Service, Route53)