Software Engineer opening in Charlottesville, VA. We are looking for motivated engineers who are passionate about building innovative solutions for our customers. The ideal candidate needs limited direction, is passionate about technology and is curious about earth sensing and the new space economy. A willingness and desire to pick up new technologies or languages quickly is a must. We are seeking an expert who will work hand-in-hand with a multi-disciplinary, rapid software development team to bring creative and fun concepts to life.
Develop rapid prototypes and design/implement complex cutting-edge systems with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing, and visualizing large sets of data to extract meaningful insights. Work with NoSQL database technologies, emerging data science techniques, and contribute to important endeavors addressing critical customer needs.
A little about the area. Charlottesville is located in the foothills of the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains. Charlottesville and the surrounding area are a healthy balance of both urban and rural localities amendable to many different lifestyles. Charlottesville's rich artistic, natural, and cultural history is showcased in an assortment of first-rate museums, galleries, wineries, breweries, shops, restaurants, and parks making Charlottesville a spectacular location for work, play, outdoor activities, raising a family, and simply enjoying a high quality of life. Charlottesville is also home to the University of Virginia, a top national university that has community offerings to include athletic, artistic, cultural, and educational events in addition to a renowned medical center.
● 10 yrs of software development experience
● Bachelor’s Degree (Advanced Degree Preferred)
● TS/SCI Security Clearance required, with ability to obtain Poly
Must be proficient or have significant experience in the following areas:
● Experience with some of the following technologies: NoSQL databases, distributed data stores (HBase, Cassandra, Accumulo, etc.), search engines (ElasticSearch, Solr)
● Full spectrum SDL: Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
● Managing personal project priorities and deliverables
● Cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku)
● Excellent oral and written communications skills