Currently seeking a Contracts Manager
to join forces with a collaborative team in Herndon, VA
within the R&D DOD and NASA space
. The position is open for onsite, hybrid or remote, we are flexible!
In this role, you will play a key role in supporting a leading developer of laser and electro-optic systems for the aerospace community, with key contributions to atmospheric sensing, laser communications, and lidar sensors.
About the Position:
- Provide contract management on a portfolio of highly complex contracts and proposals
- Negotiate commercial terms and conditions
- Support contract growth and new business captures
- Day to day contract administration
- Proposal preparation and review
- Customer relationship and functional support
- Ensuring contract compliance
- Identifying and mitigating execution risks
- Exercise initiative, participate in strategy development, and work in an independent manner.
- Work directly with multiple customers on various contract types (FFP, CPFF/AF/IF, T&M, IDIQ).
- Learn and develop advanced concepts, techniques, standards and solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- Selected candidate will exercise initiative and independent action in support of corporate goals. Must be able to effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple assignments and priorities, and work effectively and independently in a dynamic environment.
- US Citizen and clearable OR maintains an already active security clearance.
- 10 years relevant experience
- Completed Bachelors Degree
- Experience with CostPoint a plus! (will train)
- Working with FAR, DFAR or other agency regulations
- Managing and negotiating contracts
- Proactive administration of contracts
- Developing trusted partnerships with internal and external customers
- Proactive problem identification and resolution
- Preparing compliant proposals including pricing
- Sound mathematical skills
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Word
- Experience working with multiple contract types (FFP, CPFF/AF/IF, T&M, IDIQ)
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to support and achieve business goals
- Desire to help grow the business and gain efficiencies to improve program performance
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and provide contractual support and guidance to other program personnel
- Experience communicating across varied audiences, including written, spoken, and presentation preparation
- Ability to collaboratively interface with diverse disciplines including: Executive Management, Program Management, Engineering, Finance, Purchasing, Subcontracts, Property, and Business Development