NSS is actively seeking a HCM Functional Analyst in support of a Transit client located in Hampton, Virginia. This project is set to begin in March 2024 and the individual will be expected to work onsite with some remote flexibility.
PeopleSoft Functional Human Resources Analyst with proven experience on the capability of PeopleSoft HCM application with emphasis on Human Resources, Recruiting, Benefits Administration and Time and Labor to work with multiple teams composed of technical and business analysts to provide support and lead functional team in upgrade of HCM application. Provide on-going functional support to end user community to support usage of PeopleSoft HCM application to its full capability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Duties listed are neither intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Individuals must be well versed in functional aspects of PeopleSoft HCM modules with insight into technical aspects.
- Individual must be able to define requirements based on current functionality and SME knowledge, as well as be able to map requirements to test scripts and validate not only documented requirements but validate current functionality against identified business processes and test scenarios. Expertise in working closely with technical resources to map functional design to technical design is required.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
- Work with technical team and functional users to plan and upgrade to HCM 9.2.
- Provide daily user support and troubleshooting of issues.
- Functional liaison with technical team for issues or enhancements needing IT support. Including working with users to provide applicable functional specifications and system testing of IT fixes and enhancements.
- Work with functional users to ensure continuous effective use of PeopleSoft HCM.
- Assist users with utilizing additional delivered functionality.
- Assist with leading requirement analysis sessions to gather key business objectives.
- Work with team to continually build application business processes.
- Provide query power user support in creation of advanced queries for team shared use
- On-going review of tax updates and PUM images; to include working with functional users to communicate, test and build of training in support of changes to application based on applied PUM Image.
- Work with functional team to gather and document requirements to apply system solutions to business problems.
- Assist functional users in performing configuration changes, testing, training and business process documentation as needed.
- Provide continuous mentoring and knowledge transfer to functional users.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of EMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
- Perform other functional analyst support duties as needed.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills Essential to Job Functions:
- Exemplified advanced knowledge in understanding of business requirements, processes and implementation approaches for three or more of the following PeopleSoft HCM modules: HR, Benefits Admin, Payroll, T&L, Recruiting or Absence Management.
- Experience with configuring PeopleSoft ESS, Client and Workflow
- Must be able to QA test development work and work with the technical development team to ensure customer requirements are met
- Advanced knowledge of HR business practices, workflow analysis, business systems design, and process re-engineering.
- Proven experience in requirement gathering, fit/gap analysis, documenting design, test planning, test scripts etc.
- Accountable and strong rapport with technical counterpart and user community.
- Willing to provide leadership in the development of functional skills in others through active knowledge sharing.
- Technical proficiency in developing user reports with PS/Query.
- Technical proficiency with SQL and PS/Query for reviewing data, troubleshooting and testing/validating source system data.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated skill in verbal and written communications.
- Excellent issue resolution (problem diagnosis), analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of best practices in quality customer service.
- Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem-solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Training and/or Education:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products (with particular emphasis on Excel, Project, and Visio (or other flowcharting software)).
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or Management Information Systems or closely related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Combined minimum of seven (7) years of operational experience supporting PeopleSoft HCM versions 8.9 through 9.2.
- Six (6) plus years proven ERP system implementation/upgrade experience.
- Two (2) plus years full PeopleSoft HCM Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) implementations
- Worked as HR Functional Lead two (2) plus years implementing and/or upgrading projects.
- Nice to Have:
- Experience using Oracle User Productivity Kit.
- Experience working with a Transit agency.
- Public Sector experience.