This position provides financial, analytical, administrative, and specialized support to the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OASD(R&E)) and the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research (ODASD(R)). Daily operations would include coordination with multiple government agencies, developing partnerships with foreign governments all for the purpose of effectively and successfully pursuing new science and technology solutions.
Candidate shall support program and budget formulation and execution of the ODASD(R) programs. It is preferred the candidate possess thorough knowledge of the DoD financial systems infrastructure and procedures throughout all phases of the DoD PPBE system. Candidate will support all phases of the PPBE process and meeting all OSD mandated timelines for submission of PPBE related documents. Candidate shall support all PPBE activities related to the execution of the ODASD(R) programs and other office support activities.
- Focal point managing the team of financial analyst supporting the overall program
- Prepare documentation and analysis to support the DoD PPBE process, involving the Research, ,Development, Test and Evaluation Descriptive Summary, Budget Issue Papers and support documentation for Program Decision Memorandum.
- Prepare inputs to the President's Budget and POM/BES
- Develop budget proposals and corresponding issue nominations and detailed budget justification material
- Assist in establishing and monitoring metrics to measure the value of DoD' s program.
- Review and assess program funding requests, Funding Plans, allocation letters, unfunded requirement justifications, status reports, and other budget/financial documentation.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs and operations
- Analyze financial and budgetary trends,
- Prepare budgetary and programmatic documents and briefings for DoD senior leadership
- Review Statements of Work and required funding documents for approved projects
- Monitor DoD program execution, including submission of required documentation for release of funding, and follow up on distribution of funding, monitoring of obligation and disbursement rates for funded projects, and documentation of annual expenditures.
- Prepare and participate in Tri-annual reviews, Mid-Year reviews, End-of-Year reviews, and other PPBE meetings
- Construct analysis reports from electronic systems to include: DTIC R2 system, 419 system, Execution Management System, and others as required
- Identifying baseline financial processes and design financial and business processes and procedures for implementation to significantly improve mission and cost effectiveness.
- Work with the information systems manager to identify financial systems and reports to improve budget formulation, execution and monitoring.
- Ten years' recent and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of funding disbursement processes and the DoD PPBE process.
- Familiarity with DoD acquisition/budget processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of DoD organization and structure, particularly research and development structure of the Services and Combatant Commands.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate across large groups of people at multiple levels.
- Candidates with a Director of Central Intelligence Directive (DCID) 6/4 eligibility within the last five (5) years are highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required.
( Bachelor's degree in business management, finance, or accounting is preferred.)
Degree requirement waived in lieu of significant recent and relevant work experience: minimum of 5 years' experience active-duty m military working financial activities or minimum often a minimum of 10 years experience working DoD or industry financial activities.
This full-time position is Monday through Friday and operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Limited travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.