Individuals in this position support the Counterintelligence & Law Enforcement (CI/LE) directorate, working within the Offices of the Director for Defense Intelligence Counterintelligence, Law Enforcement & Security (DDI (CL&S)), aligned to \the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence & Security (USD(I&S)). This directorate serves as a principal staff assistant and advisor to the Secretary of Defense and the Deputy Secretary of Defense on intelligence, counterintelligence, security, and sensitive activities. Individuals in this position focus on the review, analysis, development, and implementing OUSD(I&S) program management and handling administrative responsibilities for national and DoD policy, guidance, and training, along with conducting multi-agency coordination on behalf of the Director.
Primary Position Duties:
- Serve as administrative POC government leadership working within a secure facility
- Handle Director scheduling, coordination, and communication on a daily basis
- Develop and manage actions item and activities tracking systems; track Directorate suspense to ensure timeliness.
- Plan DDI-level events such as Town Halls, Promotion/Retirement/Award Ceremonies
- Prepare read ahead and information papers
- Provide records management support for the Directorate
- Ensure office records are marked, filed, and retained in accordance regulations
- Primary administrative interface with the DDI (CL&S) staff
- Manage and allocate Directorate tasks to the appropriate Division or the Director.
- Aid developing strategies and initiatives to improve security and adjudication processes.
- Delivered experience-based operational perspective to senior policy decision makers providing valued input on intelligence and security
- Ensure decision maker directives are coordinated with policy, legal, and operations counterparts.
- Develop innovative administrative and management solutions to improve processes
- Maintain and update various Directorate informational binders addressing staff, priorities, quarterly requirements, and other required documentation.
- Perform technical writing/editing, editorial consultation, proofreading, or overall documentation review.
- Active top secret (TS) security clearance with sensitive compartmented information (SCI) eligibility and current background investigation
- Seven years demonstrated administration experience
- Demonstrated experience supporting OUSDI&S Director for Intelligence (DDI) or equivalent experience with DOD Front Office Senior Leadership.
- Experience maintaining executives’ calendar, answering phones, preparing briefings, and setting and tracking suspense.
- Five years of experience managing, supervising, and conducting administrative functions involving multiple programs including analysis on projects and mission objectives.
- Five years of experience drafting and editing correspondence, slides, and memorandums.
- Ten years of experience performing action officer responsibilities involving: suspense tracking; staffing packages, resolving issues, and coordinating actions across organizations.
- Four years demonstrated experience supporting travel requirements of senior executives including foreign travel.
- Experience writing and editing complex information in a clear and concise manner.
This full-time position is Monday through Friday and operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Limited travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.