Systems Integrator / Lead Test Engineer
Fibertek, Inc. is a leading developer of laser and electro-optic systems for the aerospace community, with key contributions to lasers for atmospheric sensing, laser communications, and lidar sensors for NASA, DoD, and commercial customers. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with multi-disciplined engineering education and experience background with knowledge of mechanical, electrical, fluid, power, and computer systems, integration and test to join our research and development division in Herndon, VA.
You will support the design, integration, and testing of complex space-based laser, lidar, electro-optical, and electronic systems. While most of the work will be hands-on, as a Systems Integrator/Lead Test Engineer you will be responsible for coordinating and supporting design efforts; defining test requirements; and generating component, assembly, and system level test documentation; then lead the execution of these integration and test activities.
You must demonstrate a working knowledge of developmental test processes, test set-ups and systems integration. Additionally, you must demonstrate the ability to identify and understand technological risks and to implement risk mitigation strategies to ensure program success.
- Develop test processes, test equipment designs, test configuration set-ups and systems integration using proven methodologies and techniques.
- Design of deliverable hardware, as well as ground support and special test equipment.
- Requirements management and traceability to system verification and validation.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), with a Master’s Degree in engineering preferred.
- A minimum of 1 to 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in Systems Engineering and/or other engineering disciplines with an emphasis in test requirements development, test planning, test documentation, and systems integration, verification, and validation.
- Experience with developing and/or managing system requirements.
- Experience with space-based, electro-optic hardware integration is a plus.
- U.S. citizenship is required
Why Fibertek, Inc?
FIBERTEK, Inc. is a recognized leader in advanced lasers, lidars and laser communication systems providing our DoD, NASA and aerospace customers discriminating capabilities. We pride ourselves in our innovation and customer success focused culture enabled by a creative and relaxed work environment with minimal bureaucracy. Fibertek fosters a progressive learning environment that values inspiration, promotes professional challenge and encourages personal growth. We offer a competitive and incentivized compensation package with excellent benefits.
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance or an accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Salary and Benefits
Paid time off such as PTO, Health insurance, Life insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement benefits or accounts, Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as FSAs, Long term disability insurance, Short term disability insurance, Tuition assistance, Wellness programs, Employee recognition programs, Relocation assistance, Commuting/travel assistance, Telecommuting options, Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules!
1 to 5 years