This DNS Administrator position assists in the installation and maintenance of the networked information systems. The successful candidate will be expected to interact with team leadership, peers
and other IT departments to gain an understanding of the business process lifecycle. The primary responsibility of the Network Specialist is to assist in the deployment and maintenance of standard
LAN, WAN and Load Balancing architectures.
- Manages the DNS systems, upgrades systems as required, provides all operational and sustainment activities related to the ongoing support of all DNS systems.
- Resolves complex DNS network problems, and operating DNS enterprise servers, network analyzers, Wide Area Network (WAN) test equipment, and network simulators.
- Performs DNS administration in a Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, terminal servers, and
- Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers environment.
- Performs DNS related network security architecture, design, and integration on UNIX,
- Windows, Linux, or other Operating System (OS) configurations.
- Maintain a directory of domain names and translate them to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
- Install, configure, maintain network services, equipment and devices.
- Support network and computing infrastructure.
- Provides list of mail servers which accept Emails for each domain name.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Monitor system performance and assist in implementing performance tuning.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of networking essentials.
- Assists in providing support for network security.
- Provides telephone, e-mail, or remote access solutions to day-to-day DNS issues.
- Support DNS team in meeting key performance indicators and metrics.
- Knowledge of modern LAN/WAN solutions including IP networking - MPLS, QOS,
SONET/SDH optical solutions, and serial communications, TCP, UDP, DHCP, SSH, NTP,
DNS, ARP, ICMP, SCP, and TFTP, dynamic routing protocols to include EIGRP, and BGP and
DMZ zone DNS secure administration.
- Must be able to work shift work mid shift
- Active Secret
Required 8570/8140 Certifications:
- Security + CE
- Linux+, Microsoft 365-Certified Messaging Administrator Associate , Microsoft 365 Certified Security Administrator Associate or DDI Professional
- ITIL v3 Foundations (desired)
- HS or GED (required) Bachelors or greater (preferred)
- 3+ years related technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques.
- 2+ years of experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance.
- Ability to work weekends and evening hours mid shift