- Serve as a Boundary Protection Team Operator for the 26 Network Operations Squadron (26 NOS) at Maxwell Air force Base-Gunter Annex, Alabama.
- Oversees intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, boundary protection and vulnerability assessment operations to defend the Air Force Network (AFNet).
- Identifies unknown or unauthorized sources which attempt to access the AFNet and, when such attempts occur, notifies the appropriate AF agencies.
- Monitors, operates, and maintains intrusion detection/prevention systems, firewalls, load balancers, and web proxies to protect AFNet resources from both internal and external threat.
- Network Operations:
- Manage all network security devices across the WAN, to include enterprise-wide functions for firewall, proxies, load balancers, IDS/IPS, SSL decryption, VPNs, and malicious code response.
- Assist on-site LAN engineers with troubleshooting support of network equipment and installation of new hardware
- Perform minor and major operating system upgrades on all network security devices.
- Enterprise network troubleshooting:
- Must work with all corresponding technical support teams as required to resolve network traffic concerns.
- Utilize monitoring tools and log collectors to provide in-depth analysis on traffic anomalies and issues.
- Work network issues to resolution for customers via trouble tickets, change requests, and phone calls, in direct support with base-level, NOSC-level, and DISA counterparts.
- Device Management:
- Experience configuring and managing IDS, Firewalls and other network security platforms
- Device and traffic monitoring:
- Performs daily health checks to acknowledge system level faults and begin the process of resolution.
- Utilizes monitoring tools and log collectors to begin initial analysis on network traffic, including (but not limited to) Splunk, Schnozz, ELK, InfoVista, and NIKSUN.
- Flexible schedule as needed:
- This position requires rotating weekends, 24x7 shift support, and on call duties
- It may be required to come in earlier than normal, stay later than normal, or work off shifts to meet contract requirements or to support network changes during off peak maintenance windows.
- Position minimum requirements: 3-5 years
- A professional level network security OS certification (i.e. PCNSA or equivalent) and CompTIA Security+ or better security certification.
- DoD Secret level security clearance.
8570 compliance and Network security OS certification
We are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.