Systems Engineer with a Project Management experience is needed to provide overall project direction
for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and execution specific awarded activities.
Deliver Project Management/Integration support to awarded tasks under the User Data Services (UDS)
contract adhering to community standards for Project Management to support the delivery, testing,
analysis and deployment of new capabilities. Perform continuous status analysis and reporting to ensure
a solid understanding of each project's transition status throughout the lifecycle. Develop plans for
specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include: requirements elicitation and
reviews, analysis and functional allocation, concepts of operation and interface specification, developing
system architectures, performing technical/non-technical assessment and management, as well as end-
to-end workflow and process analysis working traditional waterfall, agile and hybrid projects. The
candidate will also engage with project stakeholders on a regular basis and work to deliver sound
engineering solutions within the scope of the project. Other project integration duties as assigned.
The candidate will be required to exhibit good communication and customer support skills:
* Must demonstrate Project Management fundamentals utilizing approved tools (MS Project, Jira, etc.)
and techniques in the execution of awarded IT activities to include scheduling, execution and
* Must be able to show effective communication across the Program and multifunctional teams to
include the customer, stakeholders and other ITEMS contractors
* Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised or within a small
* Must be a team player and be willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the
* Must be able to manage priorities across multiple projects
* Must be able to work within tight schedule timelines while delivering high quality work products
The Systems Engineer responsibilities include:
* Create quality analytical products to include visualizations, briefs, workflows, diagrams and reports.
* Identify areas of gaps and inefficiencies, provide specific inputs and recommendations, and work hand
in hand with the government client to obtain support and authorization for delivering solutions
* Identify and document requirements changes and assess their impacts on the program baseline
* Lead the development and enhancement of lifecycle artifacts required to be developed during the SE
lifecycle (example artifacts include ROMs, project plans, project schedules, requirements plan such as
SRDs, detailed design documents, CONOPs, test plans, SEMPs, transition activity plans, etc.)
* Lead the identification, baselining, and management of all project change requirements for all
Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Change Requests (CRQs)
1. Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent
combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Master Degree preferred.
3. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
5-10 years of related systems engineering/project management experience.
*Comprehensive work experience as a Project Manager or Project Integrator with demonstrated IT
history with initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing activities. Track, report and provide
alternatives resulting from changes with cost, time and scope of a project.
* Verified experience managing project schedules with Microsoft Project
* 5+ years of experience as a Lead Systems Engineer to include experience in leading, managing, and
collaborating with a broad range of organizations and groups/teams needed to accomplish the system
* Proven experience in successfully serving as a Project/Capability lead with the responsibility of
managing the lifecycle integration of a capability and its associated components into an existing
* Demonstrated experience in the area of Requirements Management - activities include user
engagement to perform requirement elicitation and derivation, generation of formal requirement
documents, and verification activities to close-out project requirements
* Experience in SE related areas such Configuration Management, Change Management, Risk
Management, Quality Assurance, and Process Management
* Experience with DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) 2.0 with the ability to work across managed
infrastructure services to create required architecture views
* Experience in supporting Strategic Planning activities
*Experience creating visualizations and analytics utilizing Tableau
*Experience creating diagrams and workflows with Microsoft Visio