Critical Job Elements:
1. Provide analysis and recommendations on circuit actions; monitor network alarms for saturated circuits and maintain open communication with organizational teams and leadership in an effort to ensure that the analysis provided meets the needs of the customer; maintain an accurate list of all circuits with sizes and current actions.
2. Provide support of applications and analysis functions; assist in the development of procedures and checklists for Team Members; actively participate in the training program as required and ensure that all training is current; utilize all training avenues available within the organization and those provided by the contractor to stay knowledgeable and competitive in network analysis.
3. Provide technical expertise in regard to network analysis and circuit actions; maintain knowledge on networking technologies and the networks that the organization monitors; proactively maintain circuit states; assist in updating of network monitoring applications with regard to circuit sizes.
4. Monitor ticket queues and workload; monitor group org email boxes and ensure that circuit issues are handled promptly to meet required uptime rate; monitor Remedy ticket queues and ensure that assigned tickets are updated in accordance with organizational policies and worked promptly; ensure the Team Lead and the Crew Commander are promptly notified of any issues with the circuits and planned circuit actions.
5. Familiarity with NetQoS, Solarwinds, InfoVista, Riverbed, Splunk and/or Wireshark is preferred.
1. Provide technical expertise in the area of enterprise network monitoring, performance analysis, capacity analysis, and provide recommendations on remediation and/or corrective action to maximize and maintain SLA.
2. Monitor and report on deviations from established network norms, perform root cause analysis, and provide recommendations on remediation actions as required.
3. Work closely with the Operations teams, with Government, Industry engineers, and managers to advise them on operationally relevant status of assigned tasks.
4. Generate, provide, and enable ad hoc and automated network performance reports and real-time analysis of the AFNet network for 26 NOS Senior Management and external USAF customers.
5. Maintain and incrementally improve the network analysis operating environment.
6. Complete special projects, as assigned.
Experience and Education:
· Position minimum requirements: 0-3 years (Jr) 3-5 years (Mid)
· A CompTIA Security+ or better security certification.
· DoD Secret level security clearance.
· One of the following certifications: Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) or Splunk Certified Administrator or SolarWinds Certified Professional (SCP) or, Arcsight, or Elastic Stack, or RedSeal, or ACAS, or HBSS
26 NOS Analysis Team conducts network research and network analysis through
USAF Air Force Network (AFNet) monitoring and performance, and in support of
26 NOS Operations Teams, 26 NOS Senior Management and external USAF
customers. Additionally, the 26 NOS Analysis Team supports system assurance and
network availability through AFINC circuit utilization monitoring and reporting of
bandwidth utilization and system availability utilizing enterprise level tools to include
Solarwinds, Syslog, CACTI, NETQoS, InfoVista, and Riverbed.