Fibertek is looking for a self-starting individual to fill an entry-level Program Support Specialist position at Fort Belvoir, VA. You will support the US Army's world class research and development programs by producing signs, posters, and plaques, and supporting the Facilities team of the Army's Research and Technology Integration Directorate. Other duties include learning and using CAD (computer aided design) software to update building plans, assisting in carpentry shop, picking up ordered materials from local vendors, etc. The position offers an early career candidate a long term opportunity to develop skills and add responsibilities.
This is a full time, permanent position and Fibertek offers a comprehensive benefits package. Secret Clearance is required; Fibertek will sponsor successful candidate for Secret Clearance if needed.
• Design and engrave lettering and ornamental designs on metal, glass and wood articles using engraving machines according to sketches and using existing logo patterns and programs.
• Edit, print and adhere posters using large scale plotter and vacuum press.
• Draft, edit, modify, and organize CAD drawings for construction, electrical, and HVAC requirements.
• Coordinate work with colleagues and clients.
• Other duties as assigned (ex. Facilities team supports snow clearance on a rotational basis).
• Follow all safety protocol and protection measures.
• Strong customer service skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Competency in Microsoft Suite and ability to learn specialized programs (ex. programs for engraving machines, CAD software).
• Strong attention to detail and organization.
• Valid driverʼs license required for local travel.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements/Demands:
• Production shop and office environments; schedule is 6 AM to 3 PM, Monday to Friday.
• Some lifting and/or moving up to 30 pounds required.
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.