NSS is looking to hire a Senior SharePoint Developer role supporting a federal intranet’s migration from SharePoint Online Classic to SharePoint Online Modern. The candidate will play a key role on a small development team creating modern, responsive, and user-friendly web parts, extensions, and applications that enhance the functionality and user experience of the SharePoint Online environment.
Duration: 10 Months
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
Candidate must pass a DHS Public Trust Background Investigation
• Collaborate with multi-functional teams and partners to design SPFx solutions that align with business needs and standard processes with a focus on flexibility.
• Integrate SPFx solutions with Modern SharePoint Online environment, ensuring seamless functionality and compatibility.
• Build visually appealing and adaptable user interfaces that improve the overall user experience of SharePoint sites.
• Conduct thorough testing and debugging of SPFx solutions to identify and resolve any issues or bugs.
• Optimize SPFx applications for performance and scalability to ensure smooth user experiences.
• Create comprehensive user documentation for SPFx solutions, including design specifications, code documentation, and user guides.
• Work closely with the development team, platform engineers, business system analyst, and other stakeholders to resolve issues and deliver high-quality solutions on time and within scope.
• Demonstrate products to customers.
• Assist with Sprint planning
• Add value to the business by staying abreast of technology advancements and advising on their application to projects.
• Liaise with platform engineers to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Support testing activities for new products and platform updates.
• Proficient in being able to extend and customize Modern SharePoint Online in a tenanted government cloud environment.
• Proficiency in creating and running custom PowerShell scripts
• Experience in migrating SharePoint Online sites, especially from classic to modern
• Knowledge of current SharePoint Online/O365 services and standards including customization techniques, Hub Sites, Term Store, Content Types, SPFX Deployment, and Search Configuration
• Experience with Microsoft 365 development and integration (e.g., Microsoft Graph API).
• Solid understanding of SharePoint Online development, including SharePoint REST APIs and MS Graph.
• ?Experience with SharePoint PnP (Patterns and Practices) and SharePoint SPFx Extensions
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail.
• Excellent client communication/demo skills required. This is a customer facing position.
• Strong team interaction and problem solving skills.
• Proven written and verbal communication skills.
• Conduct cross-browser and quality assurance testing.
• Ability to grasp new technologies quickly.
• Familiarity with Agile Project Management techniques and SCRUM.
• Knowledge of Section 508 requirements for Federal websites.
• Ability to work independently, run multiple tasks, and meet project deadlines within scope
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
• 7-10 years experience with SharePoint Online/O365 services and standards
• Candidate must be a U.S. citizen.
• Candidate must be able to pass a DHS Public Trust background investigation.
• Familiarity with Azure Functions or Azure App Services for backend integration.
• SharePoint certification(s) or related certifications in web development or Microsoft technologies.
NSS is V3 certified and an Equal Opportunity Employer.