Herndon, VA - Herndon, VA 20171 US (Primary)
Use your electrical skills to design and build electro-optical systems to push boundaries for NASA and DoD. Seeking a Senior Electronics Assembler to join our Herndon, VA location to contribute to the development of laser products within our R&D team. By taking on both short and long-term projects, you will use your versatility to bring uncharted laser research into the aerospace industry. As the Senior Electronics Assembler you will assemble flight and non-flight electronic cable assemblies, PWA’s and wired assemblies using hand tools, solder/desolder equipment, reflow oven etc. in a production environment. Your role will also include the following:
- Perform Inspections of assembled products.
- Fill in as lead position when necessary.
- Solder PCB assemblies using either reflow process or hand soldering equipment, per assembly drawings, schematics, work instructions, etc. to IPC J-Std specifications, including rework, touch-up, and modification.
- Assemble cables, using hand tools such as wire strippers, crimpers, etc. per wiring diagrams, work instructions, etc.
- Perform inspection of incoming cables, PWA’s etc.
- Maintain vigorous ESD protection procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment for equipment and personnel
- Ability to multitask between the requirements and deadlines of multiple programs
- Ability to lead and direct peers, keep records, maintain even flow of concurrent programs
- Follow and utilize forms and procedures of CM, QA, HR, timekeeping, etc.
Experience and expertise required:
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Certified IPC Specialist; J-STD-001 and J-STD-001 Space Addendum (or equivalent)
- NASA Std 8739.4, Requirements for Crimp, Cable Harness (or equivalent)
- Strong communication and organization skill