The Payroll Manager reports directly to the CFO and provides managerial oversight and direction to the Payroll team in relation to daily Payroll operations. The Payroll Manager will provide input and support on team building, process improvements, system integrations, implementations, implement processes, and document procedures for internal controls. The ideal candidate will possess excellent decision-making skills and be able to completely resolve issues with little to no intervention from upper levels of management. This position will ensure that all transactional procedures are followed by the payroll specialist and are properly documented. The ideal incumbent will possess a vast knowledge of payroll subjects and be able to evaluate and solve complex issues in the realms of: Payroll Tax, Earnings, Deductions, Gross to Net, and Withholding Orders.
- Lead the Payroll team to complete bi-weekly payroll cycles, all periodic tax filings, and year-end W-2 reporting.
- Serve a subject matter expert for Payroll on projects for the department as well as projects across the organization with Benefits, HRIS, Tax, IT, and others as needed.
- Oversee systems and ensure are withholding orders have been entered by the garnishment specialist.
- Ensure all manual checks are calculated, processed, and submitted daily before the deadline.
- Ensure all tickets and open items have been addressed and closed per company policy.
- Ensure that all information communicated to the customers by the payroll specialists, is complete and correct.
- Lead team to follow Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance rules and target a zero exception annual audit of Payroll processes.
- Oversee reconciliation of the Payroll liability accounts and cash accounts.
- Work with Corporate Accounting to research complex Journal entry issues.
- Ensure all Journal Entries have been loaded and posted.
- Assist the payroll team in all additional areas as directed.
- Conduct internal audits periodically of various payroll areas and document recommendation for improvements and guidance of any changes.
- Typically has a University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience and 5+ years related work experience.
- 8+ years payroll processing experience with large corporate environment multiple jurisdictions and EINS
- Lead a team to continue learning & development efforts.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- CPP or other Payroll Certification.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel User with knowledge of multiple formulas, Workday, UltiPro, or ADP Payroll System Experience, Government contracting experience.
- Deltek-CostPoint ERP and Timekeeping system experience.
- Knowledge of foreign payroll processing.
- Be able to multi-task and handle complicated issues in a high pace environment.
- Ability to communicate to high levels of the organizations with details regarding complex data and situations.