Commonwealth & Partner Engagement Directorate Regional Desk Officer – Subject Matter Expert (Asia / Indo-Pacific)
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: TS/SCI REQUIRED
For the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence, Intelligence and Security Branch, (OUSDI(I&S) the Commonwealth & Partner Engagement Directorate (C&PE) our team is seeking candidates with regional understanding, policy knowledge and expertise supporting DOD programs involving foreign intelligence relationships. Individuals in this role will serve as foreign relationships facilitator for C&PE leadership, with a specific focus on Asia/ Indo-Pacific partners. Individuals interested in this position must be equipped to work effectively and comfortably in fast-paced, ambiguous, high visibility and unstructured operating environments.
- Propose and manage initiatives for relationship building with partners in the Asia/ Indo-Pacific region, such as facilitating Defense Intelligence Strategic Dialogues
- Promote and strengthen relations with regional partner by coordinating and conducting planning and sharing meeting with these partners and the staff and leadership of OUSD(I&S)
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the Defense Intelligence Enterprise (DIE), DoD, Intelligence Committee (IC), and Country Teams on Asia/ Indo-Pacific issues.
- Synchronize Asia/ Indo-Pacific related engagements and efforts by leveraging C&PE mechanisms such as Action Plans or Defense Intelligence Partner Engagement Boards
- Prepare staff packages, read-aheads, and other materials on a variety of Asia/ Indo-Pacific partner topics for DoD official visits with foreign dignitaries.
- Draft OUSD(I&S) responses to Executive Branch and Congressional inquiries
- Coordinate information across COCOMs and OSD organizations in support of OUSD(I&S), Deputy Director of Intelligence and C&PE Director meetings with foreign partners.
- Correspond and maintain relationships with defense attaché offices staff
- Coordinate travel, meetings, and partner engagements for OUSD (I&S) Senior Officials
- Coordinate with partner nations liaison officers in advance of foreign dignitary meetings
- Facilitate necessary administrative and protocol logistics to ensure foreign partners have proper hosting, access and handling on visits to the Pentagon
Qualification and Education Requirements
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance - Required
- Five years’ experience working national, DoD, and IC policies and procedures - Required
- Demonstrated knowledge in foreign affairs and foreign intelligence relationships. - Required
- Expertise in preparing and coordinating read-aheads, staff packages, briefings, and other materials for senior DoD leadership decision and awareness. – Required
- Demonstrated experience in Asia and Indo-Pacific related issues – Highly Desired.
- Proven experience coordinating across stakeholder communities: specifically, across the DoD and IC – Highly Desired
- Bachelor’s degree in a Political Science or a related field – Highly Desired.
This full-time position is Monday through Friday and operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Limited travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.