We are seeking a financial management/budget analyst to join the team. The analyst will bring a working knowledge of the DoD financial systems and processes ranging from drafting long-term budgets, to monitoring and reporting obligations and expenditures. Duties include:
- Track and analyze the PPBE cycle as it relates to the operating budget
- Collect and evaluate financial data and other information concerning obligations and expenditures to assist in determining budget requirements, drafting long-range budgets, and providing justifications for requested funding levels and execution
- Monitor overall program budget and develop execution and obligation briefings
- Performs analyst functions including data collection, interviews, data modeling, testing, and creation of performance measures to support project objectives; provide funding, forecasting, programming, budget information, execution status and funds reconciliations, using the Financial Management tools and systems
- Prepare MIPRs, Sub-allocations, and Inter-Agency Agreement funding documents
- Bachelor’s degree
- 15+ years of experience in financial management/budget execution planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Active SECRET Security Clearance
- Experience with RDT&E funds
- Experience leading activities surrounding the budget execution, planning, monitoring and reporting process within the DoD.
- Knowledge of the DoD financial systems infrastructure and procedures throughout all phases of the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) system.
- Working knowledge of the Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI).
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Highly preferred experience and skills in DoD acquisition and PPBE process supporting an OUSD level office.
- Knowledge of funding execution processes, DoD organization and structure, particularly R&D structure of Services and Combatant Commands COCOM(s) is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Current or prior leadership experience.