The Statistician performs a broad range of analyses about basic and applied science and technology futures in support of our clients. Works closely with subject matter experts across a range of S&T disciplines to identify key variables for modeling. Assists in modeling design as well as the processing and analyzing of key variables, which inform technology futures models.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
• Master’s in Statistics, Mathematics, or Operations Research.
• Experience in one or more of the following: developing and utilizing statistical models, graph theory and analyses, machine learning techniques, and natural language processing.
• Proficiency in R, Python or MATLAB.
• Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Experience working on mathematics research projects.
• Demonstrated critical and creative thinking abilities.
• Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset.
• Attention to detail.
• Demonstrated MS Office suite skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
• Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, or Operations Research.
• 4-6 years of professional experience.
• Prior experience working within a fast-paced cross-discipline corporate environment.
• Record of innovation and creative problem solving.
• Prior experience with US Government.
• Active security clearance preferred.
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
• Provides deep expertise in Bayesian statistics and other statistical inference methods and models.
• Designs predictive forecasting models, and support with visualizations and analysis
• Conducts data collection, wrangling, and processing of large unstructured data sets
• Works closely with subject matter experts across a range of S&T disciplines to identify key variables for modeling.
• Works jointly with cross-functional info-science teams to identify information gaps, collect and organize key elements of information.
• Other duties as assigned.
Primary Work Location: Arlington, Virginia – this position does not qualify for long-term mobile/remote work or telework.
Special Work Conditions: Periodic travel to Blacksburg, Virginia. Possible travel to other CONUS locations. Occasional work outside of corporate core business hours.
Security: At least Secret Clearance (active) strongly preferred. Must have the ability to obtain a US secret security clearance if not currently cleared.