Junior FBI Analyst
Individual will support the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Section by supporting the overall NICS mission. The undertaking of the NICS Section is to guarantee national security and public safety.
Selected duties individual will perform include:
• Compose proper transaction research comments
• Provide verification/validation of documents received and current documents within the NICS and/or other CJIS Division databases
• Provide analysis (reviewing transactions marked for processing, processing work identified within a transaction, and providing follow-up action as needed), on NICS transactions
• Conduct research and analysis on two existing Delay Queue transactions per hour in accordance with SOPs
•Support analyst functions including data collection, interviewing, data modeling, project testing, and creation of performance measurements to support project objectives
• Ensure accuracy of all work completed and held accountable to the standards set forth in the NICS Section
•Conduct verification on specific Originating Agency Identifiers and correct/update corresponding contact and agency information as needed
• Contact agencies as needed; document any contact-related issues to include agency, method of contact, and description of issue
• Provide updated or any new contact information received while in correspondence with any agency to the NICS Section s Business Advocate Team (BAT)
• Process incoming appeal requests via the NICS; assist with providing first day responses
• Validate submitted appeal disposition documentation for accuracy.
• Continuously evaluate existing procedures, processes, techniques, models, and/or systems related to the work being processed and provide recommended actions or solutions
• Active SECRET OR TOP SECRET Security Clearance
• Minimum of one year of experience in analysis, customer service, administrative support, law enforcement, armed guard, criminal justice, military or intelligence • Computer, printer, copier, telephone and scanning skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Superior customer service skills
• Ability to work independently
• Must possess knowledge of applying analytic methodologies and principles to address client's needs
This position is located in Clarksburg, WV.