Seeking a Network Administrator/Engineer in support of the Peace Corps, in Washington DC. This is an exciting opportunity on a brand-new contract focused around the enhancement of the Peace Corps' infrastructure, operations, and management, as part of their Enterprise IT Support Services division.
- Trouble-shooting complex data/voice/video network issue in Peace Corps (HQ/RRO/POST)
- Providing guidance and technical assistance to improve network and environment health
- Ensuring integration and interoperability of network technologies
- Designing and implementation of data center and infrastructure migration
- Quick response to information assurance notifications
- Operations and maintenance of remote access and LAN/WAN software and hardware
- Network monitoring tools to optimize, improve, expand, upgrade and network capabilities and connectivity as required
- Reviewing system logs to determine usage levels, bandwidth, performance, and security of systems.
- Installing new hardware and software making sure that all components interface correctly with each other and the network.
- Contacting manufacturer/vendor for warranty repair or replacement.
- Engineering and implementing designs related to upgrades and enhancements involving all IT Infrastructure, servers, firewalls, circuits, cabling, AD, DNSSEC/DNS, network monitoring tools, and other special systems.
- CCIE (R&S) Certified
- Experience with Firewalls, Routers, Switches, WAN optimizer, Load balancers
- VPN/Remote Access technologies
- IP telephony
- Network Monitoring Tools
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience
- Advanced Degree (Masters) Required