Seeking a System Development and Deployment Specialist in support of the Peace Corps, in Washington DC. This is an exciting opportunity on a brand-new contract focused around the enhancement of the Peace Corps' infrastructure, operations, and management, as part of their Enterprise IT Support Services division.
- Deploy physical and virtual servers through the installation and configuration of operating systems and software applications as directed by the COR.
- Perform expert level troubleshooting of Peace Corps servers and applications to ensure their stability and compliance with Peace Corps standards and security requirements.
- Perform quality assurance (Q&A) testing against new server builds upon their completion to certify that all steps were performed accurately and completely.
- Provide services for the preparation and deployment of both physical and virtual servers, both in-person at the Peace Corps headquarters, and via remote connectivity to global sites.
- Follow, provide feedback on, and update Peace Corps documentation and processes to connect to servers, install and configure the operating systems and other applications.
- Troubleshooting and coordination may be required when problems are encountered during the build process.
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, and enterprise products such as Exchange server and SQL server
- LAN/WAN network supporting TCP/IP and VPN
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Hardware/Software installation and troubleshooting
- CompTIA certification or equivalent
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant experience
- Advanced Degree (Masters) required