Under the supervision of the division manager, the Project Manager (PM) will ensure project performance goals are met within the contract scope and schedule. Primary responsibilities include: acquiring detailed project requirements from the customer, developing comprehensive project plans, leading a team of 3-7 staff in the execution of the project plan, coordinating across corporate divisions to ensure project resourcing is compatible, and tracking project performance to achieve short- and long-term goals.
Required Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical or related discipline though any individual with the necessary skills and a passion for technology development and management is strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience working in or with the U.S. Department of Defense or other agency responsible for national security.
- Minimum of 6 years of project management experience including building strong relationships with U.S. Government customers and stakeholders.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience utilizing a project management application to monitor project progression and resources and coordinate tasking across staff.
- Experience designing studies, products, or other deliverables as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience building and managing teams composed of diverse skillsets.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a corporate team contributor with a mission focus and emphasis on service, integrity, and excellence.
- Active Top Secret clearance required.
Desired Education, Certifications, Skills, Capabilities:
- 6-10 years of post-education experience.
- Experience organizing or leading workshops and seminars, or facilitating discussions amongst diverse stakeholders.
- PMP certification.
The duties of this position shall include, but are not necessarily limited to (and not listed in priority order):
- Provide technical and administrative management of assigned projects.
- Lead project team by developing executable task plans, delegating task responsibilities, and maintaining accountability for task deliverables.
- Routinely engage customers and stakeholders to identify changes in requirements, project scope, or project status.
- Develop metrics and track performance pertaining to the success of the project.
- Coordinate development of deliverables and products.
- Ensure quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Communicate project status to supervisor on a regular basis.