Test and Deployment Engineer
Location: Long Beach CA
This position is for a six month or longer direct contract assignment with the possibility of longer or hire.
Fluence, a Siemens and AES company, is the leading global energy storage technology solutions and services company that combines the agility of a fast-growing technology company with the expertise, vision, and financial backing of two industry powerhouses. Building on the pioneering work of AES Energy Storage and Siemens energy storage, Fluence’s goal is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. The company offers proven energy storage technology solutions designed to address the diverse needs and challenges of customers in a rapidly transforming energy landscape, providing design, delivery and integration in over 160 countries. Fluence works closely with customers throughout their journey and provides advisory, financing, and project lifecycle services.
Fluence seeks a Test and Deployment Engineer to develop, document, and optimize Energy Storage deployments at scale. This position requires someone who is willing to take on the unique challenges of creating new technology, eager to acquire new knowledge, and relentlessly drive their system understanding to first principles. Travel to sites may be required, up to 10%.
The Test and Deployment Engineer will
· Configure the laboratory environment for low voltage system testing.
· Validate performance of system components to requirements.
· Develop, execute, document, and verify/validate test procedures.
· Develop commissioning procedures in concert with commissioning team, and optimize these procedures for deployment at scale.
· Operate various device configuration tools, and work in the Linux/Windows shell.
Candidates for this position must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in electrical engineering.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional work experience in a laboratory environment.
- Knowledge of DC, AC, and three phase AC power systems.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in engineering design; ability to write specifications and work plans for others to implement.
- Effective in a collaborative yet informally structured work environment. Desire to take responsibility and initiative.
- Solid skills on MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
The following additional experience is desired:
- Automating tests using a programming language such as Python or Ruby
- Familiarity with networking and industrial protocols, particularly Modbus/TCP.
- Familiarity with control systems and inverter technology,
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.