Sales Engineer, APAC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fluence, a Siemens and AES company, is the leading global energy storage technology solutions and services company that combines the agility of a fast-growing technology company with the expertise, vision, and financial backing of two industry powerhouses. Building on the pioneering work of AES Energy Storage and Siemens energy storage, Fluence’s goal is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. The company offers proven energy storage technology solutions designed to address the diverse needs and challenges of customers in a rapidly transforming energy landscape, providing design, delivery and integration in over 160 countries. Fluence works closely with customers throughout their journey and provides advisory, financing, and project lifecycle services.
This role, as part of the Fluence Offer Management team, will support APAC Fluence® Sales. Major responsibilities include:
· Develop a deep understanding for the Advancion® & Siestorage energy storage technology platforms and provide sales teams with technical support as well as product configuration guidance / costing to drive successful equipment only and turn key sales
· Assist in the development of sales tools and support materials to streamline and scale sales
· Take the lead in identifying and evaluating proposals from BOP contractors to support system integration
· Work with Sales to negotiate technical aspects of contract negotiations
· Support dynamic system modelling efforts to optimize the product offering for target applications and markets
· Capture customer technical and application requirements to help shape the Advancion® and Siestorage product roadmaps
· Assist in developing designs to meet applicable local codes and standards.
· A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Electrical Preferred)
· Ability to solve complex technical problems and communicate results
· Ability to review contracts and technical requirements
· Experience developing technical and financial models using Excel and/or Matlab
· Demonstrated experience working in energy storage, solar, or other power generation
· Previous experience working with engineering firms is a plus
· Knowledge of applicable local standards, codes and regulations
· Entrepreneurial drive and ability to prioritize and execute on many tasks in parallel
· Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally, up to 50% of the time.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status