immediate full-time opening for a Data Scientist in Charlottesville, VA. We are looking for motivated data evangelists who are passionate about delivering new and innovative solutions for our customers. The ideal candidate needs limited direction, is passionate about technology and is curious about earth sensing and the new space economy. We are seeking an expert who will work hand-in-hand with a multi-disciplinary, rapid software development team to bring creative and fun concepts to life.
Rapid prototype solutions focused on the development and implementation of algorithms intended for collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing, and visualizing large sets of disparate data to extract meaningful insights. Work with NoSQL database technologies, emerging data science techniques, and contribute to important endeavors addressing critical customer needs.
Relocation assistance available.
A little about the area. Charlottesville is located in the foothills of the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains. Charlottesville and the surrounding area are a healthy balance of both urban and rural localities amendable to many different lifestyles. Charlottesville's rich artistic, natural, and cultural history is showcased in an assortment of first-rate museums, galleries, wineries, breweries, shops, restaurants, and parks making Charlottesville a spectacular location for work, play, outdoor activities, raising a family, and simply enjoying a high quality of life. Charlottesville is also home to the University of Virginia, a top national university that has community offerings to include athletic, artistic, cultural, and educational events in addition to a renowned medical center.
● 10 yrs of Data Science Experience
● Bachelor’s Degree (Advanced Degree Preferred)
● TS/SCI Security Clearance required, with ability to obtain Poly (also have uncleared role)
Must be proficient or have significant experience in the following areas:
● Experience with analytical tools (R, Python, SAS, MATLAB, H20, TensorFlow)
● NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.)
● Experience with some of the following technologies: NoSQL databases, distributed data stores (HBase, Cassandra, Accumulo, etc.), search engines (ElasticSearch, Solr)
● Experience with data flow automation techniques
Essential Job Functions
● Discover and communicate meaningful patterns from large disparate data sets
● Utilize elements of mathematics, statistics, data analytics, and database systems to develop and guide analytic methodologies
● Provide controls for technical rigor and quality of output
● Implement predictive analytic and statistical problem-solving
● Drive improvements in methodology, including agent-based, regression and time-series approaches
● Provide subject matter guidance and expertise to managers and technical staff
● Manage personal project priorities and deliverables
● Excellent oral and written communications skills