Energy Storage Business Development Associate, Western U.S
Location: California, San Francisco preferred
Fluence, a Siemens and AES company, is the leading global energy storage technology solutions and services company that combines the agility of a fast-growing technology company with the expertise, vision, and financial backing of two industry powerhouses. Building on the pioneering work of AES Energy Storage and Siemens energy storage, Fluence’s goal is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. The company offers proven energy storage technology solutions designed to address the diverse needs and challenges of customers in a rapidly transforming energy landscape, providing design, delivery and integration in over 160 countries. Fluence works closely with customers throughout their journey and provides advisory, financing, and project lifecycle services.
Why We’re Here
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
Our Origin Story
Fluence is the result of two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage joining together to form a new company dedicated to innovating modern electric infrastructure. In January 2018, Siemens and AES launched Fluence, uniting the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
The Fluence team encompasses more than 10 years of experience deploying and operating energy storage. Fluence is driving change by opening new markets to storage around the world, and has the largest deployed fleet of energy storage projects of any company.
Building from the strong foundation of our parent companies, we are the new generation of energy storage pioneers. We are a new solutions and services provider that believes in solving problems, prioritizing lasting partnerships over delivering products, the desire of users to have input into their energy choices, and the importance of the entire power ecosystem in forging a path to making a sustainable future certain.
Do you want to work to transform the global electricity industry? Does commercializing clean energy technologies get you excited? Do you believe that energy storage is the key to a clean energy future? Do you love learning and strive to improve the environment around you? Do you want to work at a fast-paced entrepreneurial startup with the backing of two industry powerhouses, AES and Siemens?
Fluence is seeking a motivated Business Development Associate with 3 to 5 years of sales or commercial experience.
to help us grow the western US utility storage market opportunity. You will be responsible for developing meaningful opportunities to deploy energy storage solutions that will create value for our customers.
• Help identify customers, applications, and markets that are an attractive fit for Fluence’s energy storage solutions. Collaborate with the US Utility Sales team to build a pipeline of potential projects.
• Originate sales opportunities and create compelling customer proposals for energy storage solutions.
• Negotiate and close transactions for energy storage solutions.
• Support and participate in business development and sales meetings with customer and represent Fluence at industry conferences and other events.
• Collaborate with the project management and sales engineering teams to develop compelling offers for key customers.
• Support sales efforts through research, analysis, and system sizing.
• Work with market applications team to understand policy, regulatory or other barriers to energy storage market entry. Develop relationships with key customers, channel partners, and industry stakeholders.
• Maintain, develop and improve tools to support sales efforts and improve sales team efficiency.
• Grow and manage a sales pipeline of opportunities. Maintain opportunities/pipeline information in Salesforce.
• Collaborate with sales channel partners to grow Fluence’s reach in the market.
• Report market activities and developments back to the company.
• Share our team’s belief that the work we do improves lives by lowering the cost of electricity, improving the reliability and resiliency of the electric system, and creating a cleaner, more sustainable grid.
• Prefer 3 to 5 years of sales or commercial experience.
• Prefer experience in the power generation industry.
• Knowledge of utilities, independent power producers, and energy project developers in the western U.S.
• Demonstrated interest in the energy industry through work experiences, extracurricular activities or coursework.
• Desire to work collaboratively in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Comfortable working in a matrix reporting environment.
• Track record of taking ownership over responsibilities and pursuing them diligently.
• Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to understand and synthesize complex technical and product and information.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to create productive relationships with customers.
• Ability to seek and give advice.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant subject (environmental studies, business, economics, engineering, sciences, computer science, mathematics, statistics, etc.). MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
• Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Proficiency with Salesforce preferred.
• Foreign language abilities (preferable)
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a resume and cover letter at email@example.com for consideration.
Fluence Energy IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status